Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sketching



A lot of people recommend Nine Heads. I've never read it, but if you're like me and don't want to spend the money, get it from the library first, you might find something you like better. I will be adding to the recommended reading category on the blog. If you are at least an intermediate artist. Meaning you know you can get better but can generally copy something. Budget wise (broke) you can check voguepatterns.com which has a lot of great sketches with multiple poses, color rendering for different fabrics. It will help you a lot even if it's different from your art style, it will help with proportion. You do, after all want the sketches to be as tight as they can possibly be. 






from Vogue Patterns

They also have live models, so check it out if you need to.

Materials
- for the sketches I turned in, I used a combo of the PrismaColor Markers and PrismaColor Pencils, I also had some Crayola color pencils to fill in for the PrismaColors I didn't have. Prisma's are beautiful, but the price will set you back a penny. I paid a little under $50 for mine, shipping included (pack or 24) and this was from a private seller on Amazon.com. They are $52 at Staples.
The 12 pack runs in the $25 dollor range, if your really strapped but want them.

Again FIT lets you use computer generated artwork, so do what works best for you.





No comments:

Post a Comment