Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Inspiration Test

There's going to be a portion of your application where you basically can make up an outfit about something your inspired by, a bird, a painting, a building (just examples) etc. I changed mine about three times. This is one of the main reasons you want to apply early. You'll have time to find better things and get completely dissatisfied with the things you already have (like I did). For this portion I did two sketches, one for the front and one for the back. I will eventually put up my sketches, but I want to get my acceptance or sigh, third (and final) rejection before I dare. I don't think I need any extra jinx, do you?

If you are a particularly good artist, this is the part of your app where you should go a bit more avant garde. Obviously you don't have to, but why not? It is a competition after all.

3 comments:

  1. thanks for your advice on FIT's facebook page! I'll definitely be following your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i forgot to say, Good luck with your application! it's definitely an inspiration just to hear from someone who's applied, all the work you put into it, and what you've learned from it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely went a little avante garde on that portion and after drawing it 3 times to get it just right, I love it.

    ReplyDelete