Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Introduction

I decided to start this blog because I really don't think there's enough information out there for people that want to get into F.I.T.'s fashion design program. As my blog description states I have had my application rejected twice from F.I.T., both times I applied for fashion design. And both times I recieved that crappy thin form letter I was completely and totally devesated. The last letter I recieved was last year, the first was in 2004. This year I reapplied for Fall 2010. I really think both of my rejections could have been avoided if I had some sound advice on how to put my portfolio together. I hope this information sets you on the path to getting accepted. - Good Luck MB

3 comments:

  1. What you're doing here is really great! i find all the info here very useful, keep updated! I cant wait to read your next post! Love u girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I want to congratulate on your FIT's success. I too apply 2 times and got rejected. I am confused as to why I did not get in since my drawings/fashion illustrations are decent and college lvl standard, as well as my garment construction. This devastates me when I really want to go FIT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - congratulations first on your acceptance to FIT! It would be a dream come true for me to go there too but I knew I'd have to have a stellar portfolio that in years past, I wasn't prepared to present (my sewing skills were too newbie and I wasn't confident in my sketching). Do you have an email address I can reach you with? I'd love to email you specific questions about your experience in the application process as I may be building up the courage to give it my first go soon!

    ReplyDelete