Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Copying Poses

Everyone has different styles, copying a pose doesn't mean you have to get it exact. You just use it to get familiar with proportion. I kind of got tired of my poses, which looked kind of stiff, and everything looked similar, so this year I started experimenting with different poses to use for my portfolio. Changing your poses gives people something to look at that's unexpected, not to mention it can really add mood to your garment.
Here's one I did. I ripped this photo out of Oprah Magazine. I had intentions to put it up days ago. But considering the fact that my room is so sloppy I could hide t-rex fossils, Sam and Dean Winchester(whoo!) and a pack of wolves in here it took me some time to muster the strength to look for them.

I chose the middle pose



It's not perfect. I think her arms are a little long but you get the idea. I only used PrismaColor Pencils for this. And now that I look at it again I will probably go over it with marker and repost it. Prismas are cool because you can use them to blend. Remember for coloring sketches (what I learned) is white space and shadow are your best friends. For the top I had a pretty good orange, and I used a brown for the shadowing. The jeans are white space and two different blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment