Friday, March 14, 2014

Long time no see Plus Tips and Tricks: My Essay Answers

Hi guys. Sorry I have been M.I.A. for so long

I had planned on deleting the blog but thanks to several of you I decided not to, if you emailed me and I did not get back to you please email me again if you still need extra help or a portfolio review. I promise I will respond.

That being said after this month I will no longer be available for extra questions or portfolio essay reviews

I will leave up the blog with a disclaimer so this will probably be my last post. If you have a question post it here and will answer within 2 days.

Also, on an old flash drive I found the answers to my essay questions from my 2010 portfolio

Work Hard and Take Care

Rachel




Essay Questions

  1. At the end of 2006, I’d worked in the medical field for almost ten years. Despite being unhappy, I allowed myself to settle. School was something that was the last thing on my mind, and ultimately I realized it was a big mistake. So, after a ten year hiatus I decided to go back to school. I enrolled in a two-year college, with a major in Web Programming. It’s been a long interesting experience, and I have one more semester before I graduate in the spring, and it’s been very rewarding. I know that my major will help me in the fashion industry and it’s helped me to not be afraid of new experiences.
  1. In an Intro to Design Art class I’m taking, my professor and I disagreed on the direction of my surrealism art project. I’d done something that was satirical of paparazzi magazines. He thought it was too political and didn’t allow the viewer to come up with their in interpretation of the work. I accepted the criticism, but it upset me at the time, partly because I’d worked so hard on it, as well as the fact that I really believed in it. I can be stubborn, particularly when it comes to someone judging my creativity, be it art or writing. Regardless I accepted his
opinion, even though I completely disagreed. Not long after, begrudgingly, I realized he was right, the work I did was good, but didn’t define the abstract look surrealism required. Before I submit my portfolio to him at the end of the semester I will redo the project to fit the specifications.

3. In the medical field you are forced to deal with many different people/patients in sympathetic and demanding situations. It can tax your emotions. I always try to put myself in their shoes, as well as evaluate each situation and make a decision on how to proceed with an individual. As for fellow employees, if someone is in
a bad mood or we don’t mesh together in general, I keep it strictly business with them, since at least ninety percent of conflict can be evaded by avoidance and small compromises.

2 comments:

  1. hi!

    I reached out to a couple months back as I was panicking a bit about the application process. I just wanted to let you know I was accepted into the one-year associates program for fashion design for fall 2014! Thanks to blogs like yours I felt that I had some really useful portfolio guidance from ppl who were accepted into the program.

    Thanks for keeping your blog up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you are not keeping this updated since you have more or less said all you have needed to say!

    I just wanted to let you know that your blog has been so helpful! I am going through the application process right now for the 2016 spring semester.

    Thank you so much for sharing all you can with those of us who are stressed out about applying! Your blog has made a world of a difference!

    ReplyDelete